What are the requirements to become an Award Leader?
- Possess or identify a potential group of participants
- Express volunteer interest to our national office
- Undergo a standard background check
- Attend a training session and become a Certified Unit Leader
- Recruit participants
- Maintain governance and organization
- Report annual membership to the national office
- Ensure participants fulfill the basic requirements
- Organize the Award Unit’s Adventurous Journey
- Correspond regularly with the national office
There are no programs in my area, can I help start an Award Unit near me?
Absolutely! School clubs, sports teams, Scout troops, university groups, and countless other organizations are ideal – but not required – to start an Award Unit.