Starting a Program
Start a program today!
Do you have a youth group, school club, Scout troop, sports team, or other group or potential particiants?
Becoming an Award Leader is an exciting and effective way to engage youth and make a difference.
Award Leaders must undergo brief mandatory training to fully understand the requirements and effectively administer the rules of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- Possess or identify a potential group of participants
- Express volunteer interest to our national office
- Undergo a standard background check
- Attend a training session and become a Certified Unit Leader
- Recruit participants
- Maintain governance and organization
- Report annual membership to the national office
- Ensure participants fulfill the basic requirements
- Organize the Award Unit’s Adventurous Journey
- Correspond regularly with the national office
By starting a program and becoming an Award Leader, you are helping influence America’s future by personally investing in our youth. As a Leader, you will have an incredible experience through working with youth and serving your community. It is a wonderful way to give back, and you will make an unforgettable impression on the lives of many.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.